Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I had a dream...no really I did.

It is so amazing to me how God makes us listen, or I guess in this case I should say allow me to listen. I feel like I haven't spent time in the word like I should. Yes of course I talk to him daily, in the morning is "our" time together but I haven't sat down for 30 minutes or so like I use to and soak myself in His love and in the word. At night when I lay down I like to take the time, think about my day, day dream about things, pray, you know just stuff. I went to sleep last Thursday night like any other night ending in my nightly talk with God. I work up the next morning and Psalm 119 was in my head, I blew it off and went on with my morning. Shower, Jesus, coffee, work. I got to work and STILL had Psalm 119 coming to my mind. It wasn't overwhelming but like a little tap on my heart...I finally got a morning break and decided to look up the verse. I sat down at my computer looked it up and began to read. I started reading and was amazed, the more I read the more amazed I became. I needed this! Verse 2 states "Blessed are those who keep his statues and seek them with all their heart." I couldn't help but smile. At the same time it made me smile, it made me think. Am I seeking him with all my heart? I continued on...I don't know if you guys keep up with our ministry blog but you should (www.bethegirlministry.blogspot.com) We needed a new verse for being pure and what do you know verse 9 states "How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word." I picked up my phone and text Alicia (who is not only my close friend, and roommate but also my business partner) I told her about the verse and what happen, she said "WOW! that is crazy." So our next blog had that verse. I went through the weekend still just a little shocked and in awe of what happened thanking God every time I thought about it. 

Lastnight I painted my nails, washed my face, thought about my day and began to pray. I can't remember if I was drifting into sleep or in a dead sleep. I woke up this morning with my normal routine and all the sudden I thought James 1. I brushed it off yet again. I was pretty busy this morning but on my way to work it came back on my heart, I turned up Third Day and kept going. I got a break at work again and looked up James 1. The past few weeks our sermons at church have been about faith. So of course I have prayed for more faith, questioned my faith (not my salvation, but if I honestly put ALL my faith in him) and when I felt froggy asked him to test my faith. The past week or two I have been questioning faith in general (its human, I guess.) Let me back up for just a second, I check my twitter and tweet very randomly but I checked my twitter yesterday and saw this "It wouldn't be faith if there weren't any doubts" I smiled and laughed. So back to this morning I started in on James and what does verse 2-4 say? "Consider it pure joy my brothers and sisters whenever you face trails of many kinds because you know the testing of your faith produces perserverance. Let perserverance finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." I could go on and on because that whole chapter blew me away!!!! I was totally shocked, amazed and thankful. After I soaked it in I laughed a little. It is crazy to me how he allows us to listen. I feel like he was right there when I went to sleep and just whispered in my ear those books of the bible. I feel that he was saying "Okay Jana, you are worried and questioning things for no reason. I am here. And I AM TESTING YOU. Because you asked, and it is going to make you praise and honor me more!"

He is such a loving and awesome God, he continues to AMAZE me everyday. If you don't know him personally I wish you would take this awesome experience and have a desire for Him and an experience like this to call your own! :)

xoxo
-J

2 comments:

  1. Jana, I love it! It is so encouraging. :) So thankful for sweet, Jesus loving friends like you. I am honored to call you my best friend!! Keep lovin Him and letting Him love on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James 1:2-4 are my verses! Been having to say it a lot the past few weeks

    ReplyDelete